Today at Sibley
Happy President’s Day!
·Bundle Fair from 8 to 10 a.m. | Please sign up for a time slot for “SMH Bump It Bundle Fair” in myLearning.
·Zumba from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in Ren 2
·Smoking Cessation from noon to 1:30 p.m. and 5 to 6:30 p.m. in Building A, Floor 2, Conference Room 5
Today’s TJC Tidbit
The Joint Commission (TJC) will be visiting Sibley. To help everyone prepare, we will be featuring a daily tip here.
Surveyors want to know how diligent we are in prevention and treatment of pressure injuries. Remember that we:
- Use the Braden scale to measure risk upon admission, daily, whenever a patient transfers from one level of care to another and/or whenever the patient’s skin condition changes
- Document the location, status and interventions of a pressure injury upon admission and at least daily
- Document measurement, location and description of pressure injuries at least weekly and within three days of discharge
When: Thursday, Feb. 23, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Where: Building A, Floor 1, Conference Room 1
If you have scheduled your life-saving blood donation appointment, here are some important tips to help make your experience the best it can be:
- Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron rich foods, such as red meat, fish, poultry, beans, spinach, iron-fortified cereals and raisins.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water or nonalcoholic fluids before the donation.
- Eat a healthy meal before your donation. Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries or ice cream before donating. (Fatty foods can affect the tests we do on your blood. If there is too much fat in your blood, your donation cannot be tested for infectious diseases and the blood will not be used for transfusion.)
- Remember to bring your donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of ID.
Click here to schedule a blood donation appointment.
On Tuesday, Feb. 21, from 4:30 to 6:15 a.m., the critical care, life support electrical circuits and equipment will be tested on generator power for one hour (30 minutes for each circuit). If you have any questions, please contact Doug Evans, maintenance supervisor, at x4068.
Armstrong Institute Diagnostic Excellence Summit
Abstracts Due Wednesday, March 1
The Armstrong Institute Center for Diagnostic Excellence will host its first Diagnostic Excellence Summit on Thursday, April 20, from noon to 5 p.m. in Welch Medical Library on the East Baltimore campus. Registration for the summit will open in mid-March.
Learn more about the summit.
Call for Abstracts
Organizers are seeking abstracts from faculty and staff members who would like to make oral presentations or display posters. The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, March 1 at 11 p.m. To apply, interested individuals must complete the online call for abstracts form.
The half-day summit will focus on the major public health and health care quality concerns related to improving diagnosis in health care. The event will feature presentations by leaders of the Center and a keynote presentation from Mark Graber, president of the Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine.
The summit is open to Johns Hopkins faculty and staff members only. For questions about the event, please email email@example.com.
Click here to view the February Wellness Calendar.
When: Wednesday, March 1
Click here to view the Mass and ash distribution schedule.
When: Wednesday, March 1, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Innovation Hub
When: Wednesday, March 8
Where: Innovation Hub
Book: Change by Design by Tim Brown
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to attend.
Report Out Series
Eliminate waste. Share. Replicate.
Click here for FY17 Report Out calendar.