Today at Sibley
The Gallup Employee Engagement Survey starts today!
·Bundle Fair from 8 to 10 a.m. | Please sign up for a time slot for “SMH Bump It Bundle Fair” in myLearning
·Smoking Cessation at 11 a.m. in Building D, Ren 1
·Zumba from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in Building D, Ren 2
Today’s TJC Tidbit
The Joint Commission (TJC) will be visiting Sibley. To help
everyone prepare, we will be featuring a daily tip here.
Tips with Pics
Maintain clear access to fire extinguishers.
Mandatory HIPAA Training
Johns Hopkins Medicine workforce members are required to complete annual HIPAA privacy training. This new training course replaces the previously required HIPAA courses and completion of this course satisfies a workforce member’s HIPAA training requirement. This e-learning course provides an overview of HIPAA privacy and how best to protect the privacy of protected health information, as well as where to report breaches and obtain more guidance and assistance on HIPAA-related issues. This course should take approximately 20 minutes.
To access the course:
- Log in to http://my.jhu.edu with your JHED ID and password.
- Navigate to the Education tab. Select MyLearning, then My Plan, and scroll down to find Patient Privacy for Workforce Members – 2017
- Click on the course, then the “Take Course” button. A new screen will open up for you to start the course.
You will need to complete the training by Friday, March 31.
For technical issues regarding this course, please contact the myLearning support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other questions regarding this course, please contact email@example.com or 410-614-9900.
National Nutrition Month
Did you know that only about one out of ten Americans eats enough fruits and vegetables? That’s a shame because one of the easiest ways to improve health is to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables we eat. Fruits and vegetables are chock full of flavor, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and they are low in calories and high in fiber so they can help control weight. They also reduce the risk of some of the leading health-related killers, including cancer, stroke and heart disease.
Please visit the weekly registered dietitian table to learn more about the benefits of consuming fruits and veggies. Play our spin-the-wheel game, pick up a free snack and join in the fruit and vegetable challenge.
When: Tuesday, March 7, from noon to 1 p.m.
Where: Building C, Floor G, outside of Windows Café
New Patient Surgical Weight Loss Seminar
Meet Katherine Lamond, M.D., to learn about surgical weight loss surgery options available here at Sibley.
When: Saturday, March 18 at 10:30 a.m.
Registration is required. Click here or call 202-370-6565.
Nurses Week Awards
The nurse engagement council is happy to announce that voting is open for this year’s Nurses Week Awards and they have introduced a new award, the CARE Award! Voting closes Friday, March 31 at 4 p.m.
- Nurse Preceptor Award is presented to a registered nurse in recognition of his/her outstanding contributions as a role model in clinical excellence and professionalism.
- Nurse Innovation Award is presented in recognition of an individual nurse, or a team that includes a nurse, in the development of a new product or process improvement to optimize efficiency or resources.
- Novice Nurse Award is presented in recognition of the special skills, dedication and compassion in the delivery of outstanding direct patient care for a nurse who has graduated nursing school within the past two years.
- DAISY Nurse Leader Award is presented to a nurse manager, director or executive who embodies all of the classic elements of a DAISY nurse—caring and compassion, integrity, communication and excellence—and outstanding leadership to his or her team. This award is generously supported by the Foundation.
- CARE Award is presented to a clinical nursing assistant, C.A., or other similarly functioned position that supports direct patient care and recognizes the special skills needed for the delivery of outstanding patient care.
Rules: Online nominations are preferred, and can be accessed at the links above. Managers, please post the attached hard copies in the break rooms. Paper nominations will be accepted through the “recognition box” in the PCS Suite on Ren 4 as well. You may submit multiple nominations for the same award, however each nomination can only be for one nurse (except for innovation).
Tuesday, March 7, from 1:45 to 5:45 p.m.
| Tuesday, April 4, 1:45 to 5:45 p.m.; sign up by Friday, March 31
Click here to sign up.
When: Wednesday, March 8
Where: Innovation Hub
Book: Change by Design by Tim Brown
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to attend.
Patient Safety Awareness Week
Click here for the list of activities.
Design Project Discussion
When: Tuesday, March 21, from noon to 1 p.m.
Where: Innovation Hub
Click here to view the March Wellness Calendar.
Avon 39 Walk Volunteer Opportunity
When: Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7
Click here for more information.